“Literacy is a bridge from
misery to hope,” says Kofi Annan, adding to him, it’s a
basic human right, the road to human progress and the means through
which every man, and woman and child can realize his or her full
potential. That is what the ALP stands out make the learners
specially the women aware of their right to education.
The ALP is not directed just learning reading and writing letters
but putting them down to act to not to get enslaved to malpractices
of the society. So ALP at Urban and Slum area at Manvi town has
tried to reach its learners and helped them to bring out their
potentiality in learning. This program has launched in collaboration
with Zella Lok shishana Samithi, Zella Nagara Shishana Samithi
Raichur and Vimukti on 10th June 2019. Intensive training program
was organized for 45 ALP animators and they have to reach 2850 ALP
learners within one year.
Goal of the Programme:
To improve functional literacy among the most marginalized
communities of Slum and Urban area of Manvi Tq., Raichur Dist.
1. To reach 2820 learners in Urban and Slum area at Manvi town.
2. To make the individuals aware of the utility of the knowledge and
education through literacy
3. To stable them to make and fight for their right of education
4. To enhance the confidence level of individuals and families,
enabling them access and capitalize
5. To improve awareness among rural households that enables them to
demand and Access their rights